Planning to be a storyteller
Writing a story sounds easy. But it is a skill which can be acquired without paying a price. The price is constant practice and patience. One has to toil and slog like an ass. Here are a few tips that will help you to write a long story or a novel.
1. Get Organized First of all, you require your writing space in the house. It has to be distraction-free area where you can slog peacefully. Wherever you end up writing, you want to create the path of least resistance for getting your work done. This means making sure that all the tools you need are on hand and the environment is as tidy as possible.
2. Choose a Filing System Since most of the work is done today on a machine i.e. computer or a laptop, it is important that you have one. You need to have right applications in it that help you to write. Microsoft Word and Open Office tools are very popular and easy to use. Besides, you can try other tools that help you to keep your work organised. Some popular digital options include Scrivener, Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Even if you’re writing your book by hand, we recommend taking the time to type and save your work using one of the above programs. Your work will be saved safely. Whether you choose hand-written or digital, make sure that your notes and chapters are easy to access and find. Once again, it’s all about creating the path of least resistance and not giving yourself an excuse to get distracted or discouraged.
3. Gear up with your toolbox There are many ways to outline and many ways to write. With that in mind, here are the tools that you should ensure are ready to go before it’s time to get to work. Physical: Legal pads A variety of pens My writing journal Sticky notes in multiple colors Notecards in multiple colors Bulletin board Push pins Digital: Hemingway App: Many writers directly write in Hemingway and use it to test the reading level of their work and simplify the language. Grammarly; It is a very good app that helps people to check the grammar mistakes and correct them.
4. Put on your Thinking Cap There are lots of different brainstorming methods you can use to do this. Our favorite is free writing and seeing where our mind takes us. If your thoughts are misfiring, you can try creating a list of your interests and values and seeing what themes jump out at you. Once you have an idea, identify an appropriate genre for the concept and then take a look at the demand and other authors already working in that niche. If it’s a market that’s saturated, ensure that you have an original take or unique spin on the subject. After digging a little, if your idea seems solid and it’s a concept that you believe you can write thousands of words about, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, it’s back to brainstorming.
5. Create a Marketing Strategy If you’re planning to publish your book, especially if you’re going the self-publishing route, you need a marketing strategy. Marketing is the key if you want others to be able to find, read, and share your work. It’s also crucial for anyone who would like writing to become their primary source of income. There are lots of great resources out there for creating a killer marketing strategy and editorial calendar.
recordable sound module suppliers sound module push button sound module